Monday, April 19, 2010

recent happenings at our casa, picture-style

Monday, 4/12 - B came out of work to find this not-so-pretty, not-so-nice dent in our car door.  After speculating that perhaps someone came out rather forcefully of their car and banged their door into ours, upon further review, my dad concluded that no, with that kind of dent, someone had hit us in the parking lot at B's work, with no note to be found.  To say we were mildly frustrated would be an understatement, and since then we've tried (and continue to try) to keep a spirit of forbearance about the situation.  B's filing a claim with insurance tomorrow - thankfully it's covered under our comprehensive part of the plan.  But with a deductible in the hundreds (not exactly money we have just lying around), we are not looking forward to spending some of our just-filed tax refund on fixing this door.  Grrrrr.......

 Tuesday, 4/13 - B got me these beautiful roses the Friday before, and after a weekend in water, they were starting to bloom.  The blooms were simply gorgeous at their peak!  We so enjoy having fresh flowers in our apartment; it adds a certain flair of color to an otherwise drab, generic space!  

Wednesday, 4/14 - during a random Monday evening stop at Goodwill, we found this TV stand for $6.99.  It is perfect for our aquarium, and I just love having more shelf space!  I am a tad bit obsessed with picture frames, so having extra space to display more of them is always a treat.  And we're definitely bibliophiles, so having room to store more books is always welcome!  I actually still have two big boxes full of books at my parents' house, so having shelf space is imperative once those books are permanently in our possession.  

 Thursday, 4/15 - Happy Tax Day!  On B's day off we received this beautiful wedding for late June in the mail.  On the front is this picture of the marriage of Mary and Joseph, and on the back is the traditional invitation with the wording.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep this picture, even after the wedding is long past!  It is really beautiful, and I know that the nuptials will be even more so.  

 Friday, 4/16 - Happy Birthday, Pope Benedict!  I am officially obsessed with Glee.  I could watch the episodes over and over again, even just with them in the background as I tackle household chores and various other things.  Mostly, I could watch it again and again because of the music - I found myself on Saturday with some time to kill and put on one of my favorite episodes, only to skip ahead to the musical numbers and listen to them!  And Rachel Berry is by far my favorite character, if only for her voice.  I could listen to her sing all day!  

And that, cari amici, is a smattering of our week in pictures.  Not terribly glamorous, but it's our life and we are blessed to live it.  :)

A presto!

No comments: