Saturday, April 16, 2011

why do we live here again?



These pictures were taken Saturday, April 16, 2011, from our apartment window.  I am pretty sure the pictures speak for themselves - if you can't see it because of the picture's resolution, that's snow falling to the ground.  

And three days later, we had all kinds of precipitation fall from the sky, all of the winter variety: rain, sleet, hail, freezing rain, and probably a bit of snow thrown in there too.  

We had just returned from PR a week earlier than these pictures were taken, and I told B that if we told his Puerto Rican family what the weather was doing here, they would never have believed it.  What's all the more bizarre is that six days before these pictures, the previous Sunday, B and I got off the tarmac in Chicago, at 9:00 in the morning, to 70-degree temperatures.  If would eventually get to 85 degrees in our fair city that day.  

I don't ask myself this very much - more often than not I completely and utterly love the upper Midwest and our beautiful state.  But seriously, after Mother Nature's shenanigans in mid-April.......why do we live here?!  


a presto :)

No comments: