Monday, April 11, 2011

ten days in an island paradise





We are freshly back (as in, we returned home about 27 hours ago) from 10 amazing days in La Isla del Encanto, also known as B's mom's beautiful island paradise of Puerto Rico.  It was at times a very jam-packed ten days - full of family visits, my sister-in-law's wedding, our nephew's baptism, plenty of sightseeing and lots of eating.  It is always a joy to be with my in-laws, and this trip was no exception.  I am especially grateful for the ability to have been able to travel to the island to be with our family, due much in part to their abundant generosity, particularly because our own finances are so tight.  

After ten days with what seemed like dozens of in-laws, I remain supremely convinced that my husband owes much of who he is today to his beautiful family.  He is a man fiercely loyal, tremendously giving, (at times) ridiculously stubborn, and intensely loving.  He has inherited all of these traits from this amazing family of which I am now also a part, thanks to our beautiful vocation.  

Regular posting to resume (hopefully) now that we are back home.  


a presto :-)

No comments: