Tuesday, November 24, 2009

reason #154,209 that we need to pray for Holy Mother Church...and her priests!

Because the evil one hates her, and attacks her from all angles.  He especially hates her servants, particularly her priests, and especially her bishops.  I am in no way suggesting any kind of tie between the evil one and Chris Matthews - but the way he treats this prelate of the Roman Catholic Church certainly helps the evil one's cause. 


We have to pray for these bishops.  They are our shepherds, sent by the Holy Spirit to take care of the flock.  They are entrusted with the care of our souls.  If we truly saw the bishop's call as such - the care of souls - we would understand when bishops such as His Excellency, Bishop Thomas Tobin, below, explain themselves like this.  They are called by our Lord Jesus Christ to safeguard the faith, and, more importantly, to save souls.  Congressman Patrick Kennedy's soul is no exception to this rule. 



Kudos to His Excellency, Bishop Tobin.  He has some great bits in here about keeping an eternal perspective on things.  I especially like the comment that if your job interferes with your faith, you quit your job and save your soul.  So often we miss that fact - the fact that this world is transitory, we will leave this world, and we await our judgment before Christ the King.  If only we remembered that we are all pilgrims on this journey.  I'll be the first to admit that I rarely have my priorities straight and my sights on heaven.  

I am but a pilgrim.....
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on us, have mercy on me!

No comments: