Wednesday, November 4, 2009

just thinkin' about the Incarnation...

Son of God, Purest light
Lord on high is here tonight
Stepping through this sacred sky
Suddenly our eyes behold
Heaven's perfect plan unfold
Son of God

Son of God, Love divine
Timeless one steps in to die
Who could dream of such a thing
With us now, the King of Kings
Man and angels bow and sing
Singing Hallelujah

Emmanuel, our God is with us

~ Michael W. Smith, "Son of God"

I'll admit, some of the time, this man's music does sound a bit cheesy.  The lyrics and notes themselves don't always fit quite right.  But I think he seems to get something right about the Incarnation, in just the simplest terms.  

I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that my Lord and God walked this very earth, the same earth of which I am resident, 2,000 years after the fact.  

No comments: