Thursday, February 17, 2011

pensando d'italia

 I can't sleep.  This is sometimes a problem for me - I'll find myself nodding off during the afternoon every once in awhile, and then a 20-minute catnap in the middle of the afternoon becomes a couple extra hours of awake time at night.  Ay me!  

Thinking a lot about il bel paese tonight - missing it especially for some reason.  I think a few weeks ago I realized that this summer will mark five whole years since I went there.  And I think a part of me hoped I would have returned by now, to experience bell'Italia in all of her beauty yet again.  Yet, in the midst of my selfishness and my needy desire to be back there, I remain so thankful that I was even able to be there in the first place.

"You may have the universe, if I may have Italy."
~ Giuseppe Verdi
 Admittedly, there are times Verdi and I are definitely of like minds.  

a presto

No comments: