Monday, October 19, 2009

one of those moments


You know, we just don't recognize
  the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening.
- Moonlight Graham to Ray Kinsella, Field of Dreams
 
That day seven weeks and two days ago was one of those moments. It was terribly surreal, incredibly fast, and now, but a memory, that my husband and I will cherish forever.

In the same conversation in Field of Dreams, Moonlight Graham describes to Ray his memories of playing baseball, the feelings and sensations evoked upon the memory of a certain sound, taste, smell on the ballfield. There are times that our wedding day does that to me, too. We've recently taken a liking to listening to the hymns from our Nuptial Mass - even something as simple as the first note of the processional brings me right back to that moment, the moment where the world stood still and I saw my groom - the man who will ultimately fulfill my vocation - waiting for me at the altar.
 
Wow.  :) 
 
 
Photo above courtesy of Dave Watkins of Narella Studio, 
 www.narella-studio.com

No comments: