Saturday, October 10, 2009

the nobel peace prize....


is a complete joke.  No, really, it is.  I would go into a full-fledged rant but it just wouldn't be worth it. 

In one last vent, I'm not particularly a fan of one side of a dispute making its argument and completely disallowing the other side a rebuttal.  It doesn't matter the means by which the other party closes the argument, what matters is that the other side isn't offered even a chance to express their views/opinions/reasons why they disagree.  I also don't like condescension and name-calling.  That's just not fun.  

None of that probably made sense.  It's most me blowing off steam after a pretty juvenile attack on me, wrought with stereotypes and riddled with immaturity.  What's more unfortunate, is that the attack came from a former high school classmate of mine - someone, despite our political differences, I always very much respected (and still do!).   

For the record: I am allowed to disagree with the Peace Prize Committee in their selection!  Get over it!   

Argggggh, sorry.  It drives me crazy!  This is very much a part of the reason that even a political science graduate like myself becomes terribly disillusioned with the American system of governance today.   

Scott Tolzien was just intercepted and OSU ran it back for a touchdown.  Argggggh again!  

A presto

No comments: