Sunday, May 1, 2011

BEATO! BEATO!

Santo Padre, some days you are but a distant memory to me, yet deep in my heart I know how influential you were to my following Christ.  Your love for the youth of the Church inspired and encouraged me, and continues to do so.  I remain so very grateful to your yes to God in all things - your vocation, your episcopal appointment, your election to the papacy, and especially your yes to the corporal suffering you endured on earth, to show the world how to unite our pain to His on the cross.  Holy Father, you are my hero!  

My spiritual grandfather will be beatified in a few short hours by His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI!  I will attempt to watch a bit of the beatification coverage (beginning at 1:30AM our time, about an hour from now), but I am so exhausted that I am not sure I will make it very long.  In any event, I rejoice with the rest of the world and look forward to many celebrations in the days, weeks, and months to come to honor and remember the heroic life of Father Karol.  

"Remember, Christ is calling you; the Church needs you; the Pope believes in you and he expects great things of you!"  
Beato Giovanni Paolo, prega per noi!
Blessed John Paul, pray for us!  

a presto :)
picture source


UPDATE: Regrettably, I fell asleep with EWTN on before the coverage even began, rats!  Thankfully it is on tape-delay later today.  :)

No comments: