Thursday, July 31, 2008

john paul wisdom

Two quotes I found from JP2 as I scoured through my belongings this week, that I wanted to save somewhere virtual.....  

Now I would like to tell you of something personal. With the passing of time, the most important and beautiful thing for me remains the fact that I have been a priest for more than fifty years, because everyday I can celebrate Holy Mass! The Eucharist is the secret of my day. It gives strength and meaning to all my activities of service to the Church and to the whole world. - General Audience, October 8, 1997  

Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is ... an important daily practice and becomes an inexhaustible source of holiness ... It is please to spend time with (Christ), to lie close to his breast like the Beloved Disciple and to feel the infinite love present in his heart.
- The Church and the Eucharist

He's been gone for nearly three and a half years, and yet he's still teaching me. And I figure I still have plenty more to learn from him.

No comments: